Motivation
This has been a tough week to be motivated. Coming off a weekend in Vegas (where I ran 8 miles on Friday!) I was tired and didn't feel like doing much. I made myself go out Monday night, and my body revolted. My ankle hurt and I felt awful. Tuesday I thought I'd get a good workout in at the gym, but ended up not going. Last night I went to track and finally felt like I was getting into it again. That is until I pulled a groin muscle. I know that I have a shorter run on Saturday (only 5 miles), so I'm going to take it easy until then. Walk instead of run today and take tomorrow off.
It makes me nervous how easily unmotivated I can become. I got my schedule for the month of October on Monday, which didn't help. It was a bit intimidating (ok, a lot intimidating). I'll be running 11 miles by the end of the month, and trying to fit in as much as six miles at a time a couple of days a week. One run at time. That's the only way I think I'll get through it.
In the back of my mind there are two other motivating factors: one is purely selfish. Of course running my butt off is literally running my butt off. I've started to get comments on changes in my appearance, so losing weight is definitely motivating.
The other motivation is LLS and raising money for cancer research. I met one of our honored teammates last night who has battled cancer and is getting ready to run his second marathon. Trying to imagine what these people have gone through and the strength they have to keep going makes me realize how capable I am to accomplish this and to help. I have been inspired.
It makes me nervous how easily unmotivated I can become. I got my schedule for the month of October on Monday, which didn't help. It was a bit intimidating (ok, a lot intimidating). I'll be running 11 miles by the end of the month, and trying to fit in as much as six miles at a time a couple of days a week. One run at time. That's the only way I think I'll get through it.
In the back of my mind there are two other motivating factors: one is purely selfish. Of course running my butt off is literally running my butt off. I've started to get comments on changes in my appearance, so losing weight is definitely motivating.
The other motivation is LLS and raising money for cancer research. I met one of our honored teammates last night who has battled cancer and is getting ready to run his second marathon. Trying to imagine what these people have gone through and the strength they have to keep going makes me realize how capable I am to accomplish this and to help. I have been inspired.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home