Amy is a runner?

Friday, September 22, 2006

Run, Forrest! Run!

Earlier this summer I read about a website that tracks your running or walking mileage and shows you where in the country you would be if you started out on the coast of Virginia and followed a route to the West Coast, complete with pictures by the very mile you're at. When I decided to get back into running, sometime in the middle of August, I signed up thinking that seeing how far I've gone would keep me motivated. It didn't at first, but now that I'm training for something serious, it's kind of fun to see how far I can get on my own two feet.

The website is www.exercise.lbl.gov. Right now, I'm 53.5 miles into my trek across the country. My location is Charles City County, Virginia, about 6.99 miles outside of Glendale, VA. I should make it there tomorrow with my 7 mile run!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home