The Journey Begins
I've been an athlete my entire life. After college I started running and participating in races. I love the emotional rush of running in a race - especially if it's for a cause. The first Race for the Cure I ran was on Mother's Day about 4 years ago. I think I cried through the first mile, looking at all the runners who were running in honor of, or in memory of, a loved one. 5Ks are great - 3.1 miles are a cake walk for me. I even ran a 10K once. I never had an aspirations to go much farther than that though. So why, then, am I training to run 26.2 miles?
My reasons are simple. I'm turning 30 this fall and want to mark this passage with a challenge. And this is the greatest challenge my body will ever have been through. Not only am I testing the physical limits of my body, I'm sure it will be a journey of self-discovery as well. All recorded right here.
The other reason I'm running is because there are a great number of people who cannot. And I can raise money by running to help find a cure for the disease that ails them. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is fighting to find a cure for blood-related cancers, and no donation is small enough. You can donate here:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntsdh/tntsdhALarson
Stay tuned as I record my training and accomplishments over the next few months. Happy reading....
My reasons are simple. I'm turning 30 this fall and want to mark this passage with a challenge. And this is the greatest challenge my body will ever have been through. Not only am I testing the physical limits of my body, I'm sure it will be a journey of self-discovery as well. All recorded right here.
The other reason I'm running is because there are a great number of people who cannot. And I can raise money by running to help find a cure for the disease that ails them. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is fighting to find a cure for blood-related cancers, and no donation is small enough. You can donate here:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntsdh/tntsdhALarson
Stay tuned as I record my training and accomplishments over the next few months. Happy reading....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home