59:15
Yesterday I ran 5 miles in 59 minutes and 15 seconds! Not bad considering it's been at least three years since I've run that far. It was hard. I took a lot of walking breaks. But in the end I was able to push myself, so I think I'm getting somewhere. Running 5 miles successfully yesterday makes me excited for the three miles I need to run today. Makes it sound easy!
I sort of solved my running outside in the morning issue. After talking to my friend Dan, who is also running the marathon with me, he suggested sticking close to the neighborhood where it's all residential. Our house is in the middle of three rings of streets. I was able to use the route mapping tools on USATF.com to figure out how to get 5 miles out of running in those circles. By running the perimeter, I only had to run it twice, which wasn't too bad. And it was only dark for the first 20 minutes or so. Problem solved. Although if I stick to that route, I might get bored, so I'm going to keep looking for solutions.
I sort of solved my running outside in the morning issue. After talking to my friend Dan, who is also running the marathon with me, he suggested sticking close to the neighborhood where it's all residential. Our house is in the middle of three rings of streets. I was able to use the route mapping tools on USATF.com to figure out how to get 5 miles out of running in those circles. By running the perimeter, I only had to run it twice, which wasn't too bad. And it was only dark for the first 20 minutes or so. Problem solved. Although if I stick to that route, I might get bored, so I'm going to keep looking for solutions.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home