Monday - Week One
Mondays suck. At least this one did. Following my training schedule, I ran (or attempted to run) 4 miles this morning. I ran it on the treadmill and thought my legs were going to fall off after a mile and a half. I finished in 47:07. Not as good as last week. I maybe shouldn't have lifted weights yesterday. I'll have to ask the coach what the best days are to do that.
I'm still trying to figure out what my routine should be too. I like to get my workouts in in the morning. There's nothing better than starting the day with that already under my belt. But do I go to the gym and run on the treadmill, or run outside? I'm not 100% comfortable running outside in the morning, there aren't enough people out. Besides that, I end up having to sit in traffic (the gym is nice and close to work). If I wait until after work, I don't have the energy, or I have something else going on, or it's too late. It's nice that TNT has group runs during the week, that way I feel like someone is waiting for me and I have an excuse to leave work on time.
I need to figure this out soon, because the treadmill isn't going to cut it on the mornings I need to run more than 5 miles. How did I do it when I was living in Minnesota and training on the treadmill all winter long?
I'm still trying to figure out what my routine should be too. I like to get my workouts in in the morning. There's nothing better than starting the day with that already under my belt. But do I go to the gym and run on the treadmill, or run outside? I'm not 100% comfortable running outside in the morning, there aren't enough people out. Besides that, I end up having to sit in traffic (the gym is nice and close to work). If I wait until after work, I don't have the energy, or I have something else going on, or it's too late. It's nice that TNT has group runs during the week, that way I feel like someone is waiting for me and I have an excuse to leave work on time.
I need to figure this out soon, because the treadmill isn't going to cut it on the mornings I need to run more than 5 miles. How did I do it when I was living in Minnesota and training on the treadmill all winter long?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home