Training kick-off

Yesterday was my first official training run with the team. Everyone that is participating has such great energy - I think this will be essential in making it through those long runs. I started in the A group this week, running 8 minutes and walking 2. We were supposed to run only three miles, but since I had been running four all week already, I pushed myself to that distance.
It was an easy workout, which was surprising to me. The second half of the run went by in no time, and I think it's because I was running with someone else. I've always been a solo runner - I need to go at my own pace. Funny how fast four miles can pass when you're getting to know the runner next to you.
Considering my successful run on Saturday, I'm going to move up to the B group next week. They run a mile further than the A group and at a consistent pace. We'll see how it goes...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home