Amy is a runner?

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

54:42

Shaving more time off of my 5+ mile loop. I think two weeks of track helped! I've also given in to the fact that I'll accomplish more if I run in intervals - 8 minutes running, two minutes walking. I struggled with that because if I'm walking, I feel like I'm not really a "runner." For me to say that I've run a marathon, I have to run the whole thing, not walk every ten minutes or so. But I have to say, the run/walk makes the whole process easier. Studies have shown that walking intervals improve your overall pace and reduce injury. I ran my loop this morning in 5 less minutes than my first time, walking at specific intervals rather than trying to run the whole way. I'm still a runner though. And I'm going to run a marathon - and finish strong! I've never been a fast runner, so I don't think my time will be affected a whole lot by it.

Who knows, though. Maybe over the next few months I'll improve to the point where I can go 10/2 or 12/2. Or even run two miles, walk 2 minutes. For now, I'll stick to what's working.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society - and for helping me get closer to my goal! You are all awesome. If you haven't had a chance to contribute yet, you can go to the website listed below to donate.

And if you have a story or any experiences you'd like to share about a loved one who has been affected by cancer, please feel free to post a comment!! Thanks again, Amy

http://www.active.com/donate/tntsdh/tntsdhALarson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home