Why we do it
This morning I had the opportunity to meet our Honored Teammate, Sarah. She is the cutest little girl who has been cancer-free for 5 years. It makes the aches and pains I get from running seem like nothing, knowing what Sarah had to battle as a young child. I'm so proud to be a part of such a great organization - to be able to hang out with wonderful, supportive people who give so much of their time to a worthy cause is amazing to me.
Speaking of aches and pains, I'm working out a minor knee issue that flared up during my 10 mile run last week (which I finished!!!!!!). After taking the week off, I ran six this morning and felt good. Still stiff though. We spent 10 minutes cooling off in the ocean after the run - it felt great on the muscles. Another month and that water will be REALLY cold. Hopefully I'll be able to work through this injury and not get too far behind. I know the well-being of my body should be priority number one, but it's hard to commit to something and think I might have to back down from the challenge if it doesn't get better. I'm not there yet, thankfully. I'm striving for 11 next week, so stay tuned.
Speaking of aches and pains, I'm working out a minor knee issue that flared up during my 10 mile run last week (which I finished!!!!!!). After taking the week off, I ran six this morning and felt good. Still stiff though. We spent 10 minutes cooling off in the ocean after the run - it felt great on the muscles. Another month and that water will be REALLY cold. Hopefully I'll be able to work through this injury and not get too far behind. I know the well-being of my body should be priority number one, but it's hard to commit to something and think I might have to back down from the challenge if it doesn't get better. I'm not there yet, thankfully. I'm striving for 11 next week, so stay tuned.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home