Strength
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's training session - 10 Miles!! Some of it will be run on the race course for the Carlsbad Marathon, so I'll get to start channeling some positive energy and practice my visualization. If I'm happy running 10 on those roads, I'll breeze through 26.2. Tomorrow we're also going to get a clinic on strength training. I know all about lifting weights - I remember sharing the weight room with the football team when I was in college. (Although I think back then I did more watching than lifting.) I've been somewhat consistent with weight training over the last 5 years, but I put it on the back burner when I started training for the marathon. I worry that I'm going to fatigue my legs too much and it will slow down my run. Plus there's the time factor. I'll be glad to hear from an expert how and when I should be fitting in weights.
I know I'm getting stronger regardless. I can tell by my performance in my weekly softball game on Wednesday. I ran the bases faster (legged out a bases-loaded triple!) and hit the ball harder. Two of my teammates even commented on it. I've always been active, but I haven't been as fit as I could be. Why didn't I do this sooner?
I know I'm getting stronger regardless. I can tell by my performance in my weekly softball game on Wednesday. I ran the bases faster (legged out a bases-loaded triple!) and hit the ball harder. Two of my teammates even commented on it. I've always been active, but I haven't been as fit as I could be. Why didn't I do this sooner?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home